Thursday, March 19, 2009

How Tweet is it?

At a time when I want to learn new technologies to stave off Alzheimer's, I fear the net has engendered a calamitous uptick in ADD among its trollers.  Between Twitter, Blogspot, and FaceBook, I, for one, can no longer hold a thought long enough to make doctor appointments.  We may be forced to evolve non-prescription methods of dealing with our deficiencies.  Uh, let's see...what was I talking about again?  Oh, yeah.  On the positive side, Tweet-strings led me to the blog of a really lovely gardener in Austin.  Also, I get a special buzz out of traveling ahead of the media curve.  Cyber-stalking led me to Steven B. Johnson before the PR machine kicked in on The Invention of Air.  I may be lurking in the dark doorways of the net, but when Johnson shows up on Colbert, I feel like I own the guy.  Johnson told ME in advance that he was going to do the show.  If anyone has read this far, you're probably thinking 140 characters is about right.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment